Magento 2 Core Web Vitals – Google core web vitals are a set of methods by which any website can increase their user experience and conversion rates as well.
Increase your Magento 2 Core web vitals and UX Using
I hope every webmaster who is managing their eCommerce / Magento 2 stores must have gone through the same in Google search console.
What is the importance of Magento 2 Core web Vitals?
Core web vitals are highly important for eCommerce & marketplaces. WHY?
Web vitals provides critical information about the pages of your Magento 2 eCommerce store or marketplaces. Google also defined a couple of terms as well.
- LCP – Largest Contentful Paint
- FID – First Input Delay
- CLS – Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
You will get most of such information on the web.dev website.
Ecommerce ( B2b/B2c )Core web vitals reports come in two segments
Let me add the screenshots for you.
As you can see the details repots are there. Google suggests as an ERROR that needs to fix.
So now you may understand that this is critical. That’s why Google is displaying the same as error.
How to Improve Ecommerce Core web Vitals?
Google web.dev provides complete details and tool as well – https://web.dev/measure/
Simple steps are –
- Enter your website on the web.dev website
- Check the report and improvement
- Improve TTFB
- Optimize server response time
- Use WebP images to reduce the dom size.
- size calculation for the images and elements.
- No changes in the layout.
- Always check with lighthouse after any update in the website
- performance drive development is very important.
I hope you found this information useful. Will write more about web vitals and performance in the coming series.